||Originally built by the Northern Pacific in the 1880’s, Mullan Pass is one of the most dramatic Rocky Mountain crossings in the United States, with a ruling westbound grade of 2.2%. The line came under control of the Burlington Northern in the early 1970’s, and was leased to Montana Rail Link (MRL) in the late 1980’s. While MRL maintains the right of way today, the line is owned by the BNSF railway, and is used extensively to move BNSF tonnage trains to the west coast. BNSF traffic is primarily Powder River coal and grain from the Midwest. BNSF also moves manifest, intermodal, and Boeing aircraft part trains. The remaining traffic is MRL-specific manifest trains. This is a modern interpretation of this piece of railroad, complete with high horsepower AC traction locomotives. For those with a passion for nostalgia, MRL still uses cabooses on some local freights.
- 120 miles of single track, main line railroading
- High detail terrain, vegetation, and buildings.
- 21 High Detail Locomotive models, including BNSF ES44AC, C44-9W, SD70ACe, MRL SD70ACe, SD40-2XR, and GP9
- Over 100 different freight cars
- Accurate Cabviews and Physics
- Daytime and Nightime Cabviews
- High Quality 44khz Audio
- Challenging Activities
- Open Rails (1.31 or higher) - Open Rails installer is included
- Microsoft® Windows Vista (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 8 / 8.1 (64-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit) or Higher Only. 32-bit version of Windows are not-supported.
- 3.0 GB of available hard disk space
- Memory : 4 GB (Recommended)
- Graphics Hardware : Minimum 128 MB dedicated video RAM with Pixel Shader 2.0, Recommended 256 MB RAM with Pixel Shader 3.0
- Graphics Software : as provided by Windows. Open Rails currently uses DirectX® - version 9.0c
- Sound : compatible with DirectX® - version 9.0c